Finding prices of older MBP models

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by erandall38, Jun 21, 2012.

1. erandall38 macrumors 6502

Hi,

Is there a way to see the pricing for older MBP models? My insurance needs me to get them the value of my MBP.

It is a Mid/Late 2007 MBP. I believe the base price was $1999 or something? The thing is mine is completely upgrades. 15'', 2.4 GHz, 4gb ram, and 160 gb SD.

Is there a way to figure out what these were priced at? I seem to remember it being around $3400.

Thanks.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

As a starting point, you can check Mac2Sell, eBay (including completed sales), or Amazon for prices of similar models, to get an idea of what yours may be worth. Then adjust your value to account for condition, configuration, etc.

3. erandall38 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, I might be misreading your post... but I actually need the price from Apple brand new. I don't have a receipt for it.

----------

Good ole' macrumors: http://www.macrumors.com/2007/06/05/apple-releases-new-macbook-pros-with-santa-rosa/

Now, does anyone know where I could get the price for upgrading RAM back in those days? From 2gb to 4gb... I remember it being quite expensive then, not sure exact price though.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Ahhh! I thought you were talking about current value. If this is your model, the original base price was $2499. EveryMac.com is a great resource for finding specs on all Macs.

5. erandall38 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you so much! I found it on macrumors as well. Any idea on where I can find how much the ram upgrade cost back then? Is there a site like you showed me that gives the upgrade options as well?

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Not that I'm aware of, but the RAM upgrade shouldn't affect the value significantly.

7. erandall38 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks.

I found a post in the MR thread when they were released. I can't tell from his post but the ram upgrade was either $600 or $480.