Finding restaurants etc. with Google Maps.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Echleon, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Echleon macrumors newbie

How is this actually done? I got my iPhone a few days ago and I remember seeing adverts in which you can use Google Map to search for restaurants and then touch and a phone number would appear and other details.

I have entered my location but even when I zoom right in all I can see is bus-stops, and I can't see anything to option to shower other things.

Thankyou.

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Type something in the search bar at the top like "Pizza" and see what you get from that.

3. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Pretend like the search field in Maps is a Google search field (because it is). If you want to find a McDonald's in your area, just type that in and it'll drop a bunch of pins down. Tap the pin and I think an arrow comes up. Tap the arrow and you'll get a phone number, URL, address, etc. Tap the phone number to call. It's very convenient.

4. Echleon thread starter macrumors newbie

I found the problem. For some reason I was connected to the wifi of a near-by hotel, that only lets you use internet if you type in a username and password in some default homepage.

On my network and AroundMe is working :D thanks guys.

5. Dre325 macrumors newbie

You can also type in "restaurant" or some other general term and it will find a bunch of options for you. I've never found AroundMe or Yelp to be helpful in Washington State so I typically stick with google maps. Citysearch seems to work well around here too for restaurants.