Finding Server Pin#

Discussion in 'iPad' started by DougY, Sep 15, 2010.

1. DougY macrumors 6502

Im trying to configure AirVideo, but it asks for my Server Pin#. Can someone tell me how to find that number? Its probably in my ipad settings, but I couldnt find it. Thanks.

2. nixiemaiden macrumors 6502a

I would think it would be something that you set up on the computer you are trying to connect to.

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I believe that is the "password" you set in Air Video Server on your computer, Start Air Video Server Properties, click on Settings tab, then click Set Password.

4. reddalec macrumors newbie

5. xijote7 macrumors newbie

Pin

Go to WWw.airvideo.com and download the proper version for your OS X instrument. It will appear then on your main screen, then add your files of choice.

6. number84 macrumors 6502

You have a couple of choices to setup AirVideo. And yes, you need to install it on your computer first and share out whatever folders/files you want first.

First method to connect is via IP address of your host computer. This method only works if you are on the same LAN.

Or alternatively, if you enable the access shared folders via the Internet option (sorry forgot which tab it is on the server settings), it will give you a server PIN. I believe the latest version, this option is still in beta, but I've tried it and it works. You can access your content from anywhere with this. Don't forget you may need to forward the AirVideo port on your router though.