Finding the right printer...

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Jakeym91, Jun 21, 2013.

1. Jakeym91 macrumors newbie

I just ordered my MacBook Pro retina and now I am setting up the rest of my office. I am looking for a printer that works for both my MacBook and ipad anywhere in the house but also ideally with google cloud print ( or a similar service?)

The biggest criteria is that it is economical in the long run. 80 percent of my printing is black and white some occasion would be colour printing. I never do photo printing and don't mind picking them up at Walgreens.

So I was thinking of a colour laser printer that has the AirPrint / wifi settings but also saves me money in the long run.

I have been looking but have not been successful. I found some printers that looked good but reviews said their wifi capabilities don't really work ( like one of the Samsung colour laser printers)

My budget is probably between 200- 300 but if it is a really good fit I am a bit flexible about that.

The last printer I bought was more than 10 years ago and I would intend to keep this printer for at least as long, hence usage cost should be minimum, quality reasonably high.

Also if it allows to print front and back page it would be nice as it would also save on cost ( for paper). But I can give that up if need be.

Thank you for your help!

2. macpluslaptop macrumors 6502

here's a candidate

I have an HP LaserJet CP1525nw. Prints wirelessly from my mbp and my ipad. Best printer I've ever had - it's a workhorse and the output is beautiful. As with any printer, replacement cartridges are not cheap, but they do last quite a while. I got mine from Amazon. :D:D