Finding the USB-C AV Multiport adapter in stores yet?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by negatv1, Apr 16, 2015.

1. negatv1 macrumors 6502

Is anyone finding the USB-C AV Multiport adapter in stores yet? Apple/Best Buy or otherwise. Showing up only as ship to store/4-6weeks at stores near me.

2. burgman macrumors 65816

burgman

Same here I visited two Apple stores and 2 independent stores, no stock, ETA. I did pickup the USB-C to full size USB though. All stores had those, and charging cables.

3. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

no such luck. It seems like we are going to be stuck waiting for our online orders to ship =/

4. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

Or if Angela had her hands on this, maybe check Best Buy ;-(

5. garyleecn macrumors 6502a

no multiport adapter, but they do have plenty of stock on the rest, charger, charging cable and usb adapter.

6. thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather

negative. not in a rush tho, want to use a friends discount or find a cheaper reseller on eBay or something of the likes if I'm gonna wait anyways

7. negatv1 thread starter macrumors 6502

Already have the Macbook, but foolishly only ordered the USB-C to A adapter at the time of ordering. Eager to spend that $80 I suppose.

8. Four by Six macrumors newbie

I can't find any USB-C adapters on BB's website. Can you share the direct link? Thanks!

9. garyleecn macrumors 6502a

i was talking about the apple store, physical apple store. sorry for the confusion.

10. ZipZap macrumors 601

I would skip the adapter and get the kickstarter hydadock. Seems like a better value for the money.

11. negatv1 thread starter macrumors 6502

Quite a difference in price between the black and white ones.

I agree the Hydradock looks nice, but it doesn't really exist as of yet. In theory the Apple adapters exist... somewhere.

12. Vixus macrumors newbie

I think I got lucky. I received my adapter on April 13 but had to wait until the 16th for my Macbook. Too bad my Macbook was DOA. Now I have to wait weeks to get another one. Adapter but no macbook.... just great..

13. mikeray macrumors regular

I'm almost certain that Hydradock is vaporware. Check out the other thread about it.

14. saifrc macrumors member

I'm feeling really lucky that I got my USB-C to USB adapter and my AV Multiport adapter shipped!

When I placed my order, at 2:20 AM Central time, I was told my adapters would ship in 3-5 days...but my MacBook would ship in 3-4 weeks :(

Luckily, I actually received my MacBook earlier this week (a little over 2 weeks from order), and I had my adapters waiting for me. For a while, though, my adapters were sitting on my table, taunting me about the MacBook that I was still waiting for :p

15. JLatte macrumors 6502

Yes! I replied here too:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=21190927&postcount=33

The thing is, if you call the store, it seems you get some operator that isn't actually IN the store. Maybe I'm wrong, but every day this week that I called, they said that it needs to be bought online and they didn't have any in stock in all of San Diego. I called this morning, the same story... I stop by after work, they had 2 in stock. I bought both of them and cancelled my order online which was still pending to be delivered "April 29th - some day in May".

16. blulegend macrumors regular

The operators are not in the store. I asked. However, they were willing to call the actual store for me when I asked nicely. When I went to the store to inquire, they just load up the website and use that as their stock check. When I mentioned that I bought one earlier in the week when it indicated not in stock through the website, the rep was willing to look in the back.

17. JLatte macrumors 6502

Sounds like the trick is to kindly get the operator to put you through to the actual store and have someone there physically check inventory, since the online store gives the same 'inventory' results that we see online.

18. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

If you dial the store and when it asks how it can help, say "manager" it connects you to the actual store.

Either way, 6 of my closest stores here in San Francisco DONT have them. :-(

19. Four by Six macrumors newbie

Found one!

THANK YOU !

I ordered an adapter at 2am on launch day, and still didn't have a CC charge yet. I found a MacBook at BB, but really needed the adapter. I checked online and called, and was told no stock.

Following the advice in MacRumors, I went to my nearest Apple store (Plano, TX, Willow Bend store) and they had two left. The guy said they got in about 20 and they were going fast. He asked if I wanted both, and I thought about it a minute or so, but that would be too expensive. He said once they are gone he doesn't expect to get any more for a long time. Not sure why, though. So, I then cancelled my Apple store order.

I'm now able to run my desktop 1920x1200 monitor and external HD while charging. I'm using a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse.

20. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

how does the macbook run an external monitor?

21. freddy418 macrumors newbie

through the usb-C port, which carries HDMI signals

22. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

sorry, I meant performance.

23. freddy418 macrumors newbie

Performance is very good, I don't sense any slowdown. I think most of the performance problems people have been reporting with the rMB are caused by retina scaling and HiDPI mode, which are not enabled for external monitors.