Finding UDID on an iPad brick/iTunes won't show it

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MGH, Jan 19, 2011.

1. MGH macrumors newbie

I downloaded ios 4.3 beta 2 (for iPad) earlier this morning, and it successfully downloaded. Then iTunes said it needed to be updated to verison 10.1.1 for me to use the ios 4.3, so I updated it. Now when I plug my iPad to iTunes the following message shows:

We're unable to complete your activation.
    This device is not registered as part of the iPhone Developer Program
    If you are a member of the Program, please register your device in the iPhone Developer Program Portal.
    ------
    I am a member of the program and I know how to add devices (i have 3 devices, i just didn't register my iPad yet as a device for testing my apps).

I know how to get the serial number (iTunes preferences >devices> and roll over the device) another way is to look at the back of the iPad to get the serial number.

Normally it will show on iTunes >devices>summary and you click on the serial number which will turn into the UDID.

Is there a way to get the UDID instead of on iTunes, then device summary?

Is there a way to turn the serial number to my UDID?
    --
    Another way register it, is to upload the device on the Program Portal. But the iPad won't show on the desktop (my iPhone and iPad do, though).

The iPad is completely stuck (iPad brick) and only shows the iTunes icon and a USB cable. :mad:

Please, please help me! :confused: Thank you.

2. huberoh macrumors newbie

I did exactly the same thing when I upgraded my iPad. Download iPhone configuration utility. When you plug in your iPad it will show the udid.

3. MGH thread starter macrumors newbie

:) :) :) :) Thank you, thank you, thank you!! :) :) :) :)
    I lost all the apps! (Due to problems backing up- Yikes!) But thanks for no longer making it an iBrick.