finding wifi networks issues

leppy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2014
I have read many of the posts about poor wifi signals and drops. My issue is that my brand new 16GB 6 cannot even find any networks, including mine. I live in a town home and there must be 12 different wireless routers (all of these show up on my wife's iphone 4s IOS 7). Her phone is fine. However, sometimes when I turn on my wifi, nothing shows up. I'll try a few minutes later, and they all show up. I've tried everything that I could try that I found online: restarting and resetting my router, resetting my network settings, and restarting my phone.

Any other suggestions or did I get a lemon?

leppy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2014
I encountered the same problem on my 6+ this morning. After I reset the phone, it connected to my home wifi automatically.
Does it stay connected? I can be connected, hit the sleep button, and pick it up later and it does not automatically connect or even see routers.
What do you do to reset your phone?

Berknip

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2010
I posted this on the bug report thread

I've had issues with Bluetooth and WiFi, and just disabled Bluetooth which seems to have (at least so far) cured my WiFi lags and connection issues.

Anyone else care to test?

This may be an issue with handoff/continuity? Or just Bluetooth?

Again, small sample size (one) and just for a couple of hours worth of testing, but I'd like to see other's results.

leppy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2014
I posted this on the bug report thread

I've had issues with Bluetooth and WiFi, and just disabled Bluetooth which seems to have (at least so far) cured my WiFi lags and connection issues.

Anyone else care to test?

This may be an issue with handoff/continuity? Or just Bluetooth?

Again, small sample size (one) and just for a couple of hours worth of testing, but I'd like to see other's results.
I haven't had BT or Handoff turned on at all!

leppy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2014
So it seems like this is more than a just me issue. Will Apple issue an update for this?
Anything else to try?

Cablekevin

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2014
Hi guys, I've got some issues regarding iOS8 + WiFi too. I've figured out that my DHCP server (my NAS) to hand out ip addresses in my network. After upgrading to iOS8 I've had serval issues regarding leasing ip addresses (MAC address fixed) from this DHCP server. After turning off all my WiFi iOS8 devices all the leasing continues correctly, but shortly after enabling WiFi on such a device, my DHCP server seems to go banana's. I really hope Apple is working on a fix to get this sorted out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.