finding wifi networks issues

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by leppy, Sep 23, 2014.

1. leppy macrumors newbie

I have read many of the posts about poor wifi signals and drops. My issue is that my brand new 16GB 6 cannot even find any networks, including mine. I live in a town home and there must be 12 different wireless routers (all of these show up on my wife's iphone 4s IOS 7). Her phone is fine. However, sometimes when I turn on my wifi, nothing shows up. I'll try a few minutes later, and they all show up. I've tried everything that I could try that I found online: restarting and resetting my router, resetting my network settings, and restarting my phone.

Any other suggestions or did I get a lemon?

2. jettie1767 macrumors 6502

I encountered the same problem on my 6+ this morning. After I reset the phone, it connected to my home wifi automatically.

3. leppy thread starter macrumors newbie

Does it stay connected? I can be connected, hit the sleep button, and pick it up later and it does not automatically connect or even see routers.
    What do you do to reset your phone?

4. Berknip macrumors member

I posted this on the bug report thread

I've had issues with Bluetooth and WiFi, and just disabled Bluetooth which seems to have (at least so far) cured my WiFi lags and connection issues.

Anyone else care to test?

This may be an issue with handoff/continuity? Or just Bluetooth?

Again, small sample size (one) and just for a couple of hours worth of testing, but I'd like to see other's results.

5. leppy thread starter macrumors newbie

I haven't had BT or Handoff turned on at all!

6. jettie1767 macrumors 6502

Not using BT here either. Turning wifi off and on didn't work. To reset, hold power and home button together and wait for Apple logo to appear.

7. Topher227 macrumors regular

I encountered this last night. A toggle of Airplane Mode did the trick.

8. leppy thread starter macrumors newbie

So it seems like this is more than a just me issue. Will Apple issue an update for this?
    Anything else to try?

9. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

I have noticed this a lot and its SUPER :mad: annoying.

I noticed it on both my iPhone 5s and iPhone 6.

10. leppy thread starter macrumors newbie

So it seems like it is occurring for several of us. Hopefully an update soon.

11. Cablekevin macrumors member

Hi guys, I've got some issues regarding iOS8 + WiFi too. I've figured out that my DHCP server (my NAS) to hand out ip addresses in my network. After upgrading to iOS8 I've had serval issues regarding leasing ip addresses (MAC address fixed) from this DHCP server. After turning off all my WiFi iOS8 devices all the leasing continues correctly, but shortly after enabling WiFi on such a device, my DHCP server seems to go banana's. I really hope Apple is working on a fix to get this sorted out.