Findings on Selling a Computer

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by darklich, Mar 30, 2011.

  1. darklich macrumors member

    Jan 31, 2010
    So, I decided to sell two computers in order to get a new 17 inch MBP.

    MBP - Sold in a day
    PC - Crickets

    If nothing else buy a Mac for the resale value. Lesson learned!

    17 is on the way, anyway! PC is about to get lonely.
  2. svenn macrumors 6502

    Aug 11, 2010
  3. themac23 macrumors regular

    Mar 4, 2011
  4. darklich thread starter macrumors member

    Jan 31, 2010
    I sold an early 2010 13 inch MBP 2.53GHz for $800.00. I only paid $1400 for it. I'm trying to sell a Sony AW 18.4 inch with Full HD RGB/LED, 1280GB, Blu-Ray... the works, for 1K. I paid about $2500 for that. Not even one response for Sony AW.

    I suppose the AW is a niche, but still. I would have expected at least one response for an offer. This thing has a better screen then 99% of the notebooks available.
  5. HBOC macrumors 68020

    Oct 14, 2008
    Yikes, took a bit of a hit on the 13". $600 loss in a year, but whatev.

    What made you decide on the 17"? Just curious.
  6. darklich thread starter macrumors member

    Jan 31, 2010
    Yeah, could've gotten a tad more I'm sure. Oh well! I got the 17 basically for the screen resolution, graphics card, and sound quality. I really wish it had the SD card slot versus the express card/34. Truth is, I buy things from Amazon and for the money, let's just say I got a lot more.

Share This Page