Findmyiphone accuracy

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Iphull, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Iphull macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_10 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E600 Safari/6533.18.5)

Anyone know why I (or anyone) would be five blocks down from the spot that findmyiphone places the phone? I'm aware that the phone could be placed anywhere within the circle, and that if the circle is tiny, the phone is definitely there. But, what causes the change in accuracy?

One more question: why did they change the app so that it doesn't update immediately? Originally, it kept up with every refresh. They've since changed it so the app must refresh several times until the location is updated to it's current position. This will make it difficult to track if someone takes my iphone.

2. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

I know this an old post but i have a simalr question, when i use find my phone, or really any " my current location" type of app ( when i am home) it will place my location in my drveway or in my neighbors front yard. Not in my hose which is where i am. It seems to work much better when i am at other locations.