Fine print on ATT double?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by metsjetsfan, Sep 29, 2014.

1. metsjetsfan macrumors 65816

what is the fine print on the promotion. i read through it didnt really see any. did anyome else notice anything? after the 31st of Oct does it just go back to 15GB if you still want it and the people who signed up get to keep indefinitely. or as indefinitely as unlimited -:)

i know the whole subsidy vs Next issue - not referring to that just if there was anything else.

2. rmhop81 macrumors 68020

rmhop81

just a limited time promotion....if you want it in November, it won't be there and you are stuck at 15gb. that's it

3. metsjetsfan thread starter macrumors 65816

if that is the case and people can afford it, it may make sense to future proof this. i was concerned that you wont be able to add lines. but i think the max is still 10 for devices.

4. rmhop81 macrumors 68020

rmhop81

yeah we are at the 10gb plan right now, but plan to add my parents to mine and jump to the 30gb plan. with my discount it's only a $25.50 increase

5. TechnicallyTee macrumors 65816

TechnicallyTee

yeah im thinking about this as well and since I work for AT&T its only the same amount difference as well. I am alone with the 10GB plans using two lines and im trying to figure out if I want to do it.

6. techiegirl macrumors 6502a

techiegirl

The only catch, I understand is, after October, you can't change your mind and decide to switch to a 40gb plan.

7. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

Can you walk me through the process of adding existing lines (like say your parents) who are already customers of AT&T, but at a different billing address?

I would think AT&T would not make it easy, no?

8. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

Same thing bumping down. If you only use, say, 25GB consistently every month, there's no way to save the $20 and switch to the 15/30GB plan unless AT&T runs another promo.

----------

Not really since you've got 2 separate contract signatories. You'd need to do a transfer of billing responsibility.

Here are the instructions on how to do that:
    http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB94735&cv=820#fbid=4ft7e1YT0xd

Given the additional complexity of merging the lines into one Mobile Share Value Plan, I suggest just doing the transfer (or at least merge) in-store.

9. rmhop81 macrumors 68020

rmhop81

what guy said below...

in my case..my parents don't have a contract, but i'll still need to contact AT&T to switch them from their plan to mine and assume billing responsibility etc.

10. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

Thanks! Will do...