Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

metsjetsfan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 2, 2011
what is the fine print on the promotion. i read through it didnt really see any. did anyome else notice anything? after the 31st of Oct does it just go back to 15GB if you still want it and the people who signed up get to keep indefinitely. or as indefinitely as unlimited -:)

i know the whole subsidy vs Next issue - not referring to that just if there was anything else.

MacManTexas56

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2005
what is the fine print on the promotion. i read through it didnt really see any. did anyome else notice anything? after the 31st of Oct does it just go back to 15GB if you still want it and the people who signed up get to keep indefinitely. or as indefinitely as unlimited -:)

i know the whole subsidy vs Next issue - not referring to that just if there was anything else.

just a limited time promotion....if you want it in November, it won't be there and you are stuck at 15gb. that's it

metsjetsfan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 2, 2011
if that is the case and people can afford it, it may make sense to future proof this. i was concerned that you wont be able to add lines. but i think the max is still 10 for devices.

MacManTexas56

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2005
if that is the case and people can afford it, it may make sense to future proof this. i was concerned that you wont be able to add lines. but i think the max is still 10 for devices.

yeah we are at the 10gb plan right now, but plan to add my parents to mine and jump to the 30gb plan. with my discount it's only a $25.50 increase

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
yeah we are at the 10gb plan right now, but plan to add my parents to mine and jump to the 30gb plan. with my discount it's only a $25.50 increase

yeah im thinking about this as well and since I work for AT&T its only the same amount difference as well. I am alone with the 10GB plans using two lines and im trying to figure out if I want to do it.

techiegirl

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2007
The only catch, I understand is, after October, you can't change your mind and decide to switch to a 40gb plan.

anthonymoody

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2002

Can you walk me through the process of adding existing lines (like say your parents) who are already customers of AT&T, but at a different billing address?

I would think AT&T would not make it easy, no?

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
The only catch, I understand is, after October, you can't change your mind and decide to switch to a 40gb plan.
Same thing bumping down. If you only use, say, 25GB consistently every month, there's no way to save the $20 and switch to the 15/30GB plan unless AT&T runs another promo.

----------

Can you walk me through the process of adding existing lines (like say your parents) who are already customers of AT&T, but at a different billing address?

Not really since you've got 2 separate contract signatories. You'd need to do a transfer of billing responsibility.

Here are the instructions on how to do that:
http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB94735&cv=820#fbid=4ft7e1YT0xd

Given the additional complexity of merging the lines into one Mobile Share Value Plan, I suggest just doing the transfer (or at least merge) in-store.

MacManTexas56

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2005

what guy said below...

in my case..my parents don't have a contract, but i'll still need to contact AT&T to switch them from their plan to mine and assume billing responsibility etc.

anthonymoody

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2002
Same thing bumping down. If you only use, say, 25GB consistently every month, there's no way to save the $20 and switch to the 15/30GB plan unless AT&T runs another promo.

----------

Not really since you've got 2 separate contract signatories. You'd need to do a transfer of billing responsibility.

Here are the instructions on how to do that:
http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB94735&cv=820#fbid=4ft7e1YT0xd

Given the additional complexity of merging the lines into one Mobile Share Value Plan, I suggest just doing the transfer (or at least merge) in-store.

what guy said below...

in my case..my parents don't have a contract, but i'll still need to contact AT&T to switch them from their plan to mine and assume billing responsibility etc.

Thanks! Will do...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.