finger gesture not work with firefox

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tenhead, Nov 1, 2008.

1. tenhead macrumors regular

the finger gesture does not work with firefox? everything works fine with safari but when I opened firefox, nothing works.

2. tenhead thread starter macrumors regular

does it work on your machine? is that normal? finger gesture only work with safari? Not firefox? Also when I try to type "&" (shift+7) in the search box in yahoo or youtube it doesn't work. what happened?

3. Jollins macrumors regular

Jollins

I'm assuming you're talking about the multi-touch trackpad gestures?

Well to get that to work with firefox you ahve to install the multiclutch preference pane. Then you have to click the multiclutch link in system preferences and set the various keyboard shortcuts in firefox to work with the gestures you want. For example I set cmd+left arrow to use the swipe left gesture, which makes firefox recognize swiping left as "back"

4. Lurchdubious macrumors 65816

Lurchdubious

5. tenhead thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks Jollins. I thought it would just work automatically. I was doing pinching and three finger swipe on firefox and I thought my mbp is bad.

oh, what about typing the "&" in the search box in yahoo or youtube? Somehow doing shift+7 doesn't show "&" in the search box. I was just trying to type H&K , but the & wouldn't show.