Fingerprint combatants

Discussion in 'iPad' started by war eagle, Jan 12, 2011.

1. war eagle macrumors 6502a

Let's hear it. What is the best way to combat fingerprints? I've had my iPad since launch and recently the fingerprints have really taken there toll. Is there anything I can do to to reduce the fingerprints? Any products?

Also any suggestions for a case similiar to the apple case but that doesnt collect as much dust?

2. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

I have Ghost Armor screen protector on mine, and then use iKlear with a microfiber cloth to clean the screen a couple of times a week. Otherwise, even if you don't have a screen protector, you can just buy a microfiber cloth (I like ShaggyMac) and wipe the screen a few times a day, depending on how particular you are about fingerprints.

For me, in between actually using iKlear solution twice a week or so, I wipe my screen a few times a day w/my ShaggyMac iPad cloth.

Really, any microfiber cloth that you keep near your iPad will work just fine.

As far as cases, I've had the Marware Ecovue jacket (which interfered w/the GPS), the Apple Case, and a Yoobao leather case. My fave so far has been the Yoobao -- it's what I'm using now. The Apple case is by far the thinnest, but it gets grubby-looking. You can clean off the dirt/dust with just water and a microfiber cloth though.

3. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Microfiber cloths work amazingly.

Oh, and an Otterbox probably would collect less dust than the Apple case. You could also have no fear if you ran it over with you car if you had your iPad in it.