Fingerprint prevention

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by morts, Sep 18, 2008.

1. morts macrumors newbie

I've seen that Youtube video floating around that shows how impervious iPod Touch screens supposedly are, so I'm feeling I don't really need a screen protector to prevent scratches (or do I?) but are there any that prevent unsightly fingerprints/smudges? I've had my iPod Touch 2g for about an hour now and the fingerprints on the screen are already visible at certain angles.

2. myuserid08 macrumors 6502

Dip your finger in acid every few minutes, that should remove the grease!
    What a stupid thread.

3. sgtboy macrumors 6502

No, not a stupid thread. Let me help you out

1st of all I bought a screen protector for my 1G, works great

2nd, my 2G touch i decided to go without case/screen protection. Looking back at it, the screen protector was a waste of money. The provided cloth does a great job of removing prints and just a kleenex that is slightly moistened will make your screen fingerprint-less. Go without the added protection, you dont need it

4. sportsfrk214 macrumors 6502a

Fingerprints are unavoidable, simply because of the nature of the product. The screen is meant to be touched, so fingerprints will be on the screen no matter what. Just wipe the screen with a tshirt or something after using it to keep it clean.

5. Funplex macrumors regular

The iPod comes with a cloth included--- just use that for it's intended purpose of wiping fingerprints off.

6. ll PiStoNs ll macrumors regular

lol its called an ipod touch you know, you should have done your research before buying it, you touch the screen to controll it.
    Buy an iPod classic if you dont want to get fingerprints
    What a stupid thread.

7. Vigilante macrumors 6502a

Vigilante

Unless you're a filthy animal, you really only notice fingerprints in bright, direct sunlight. It's durable, so if the grime annoys you, just wipe it in your jeans.

8. morts thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks to those who were actually helpful. I did do my research, I just thought maybe I'd check to see if anyone else had any ideas on how to deal with a particular issue. It's good to hear that it's durable, it's just weird to have a $300 piece of equipment sitting in your pocket unprotected.

9. yawnyj macrumors member

I bought a boxwave antiglare protector for my touch pad phone, and it really helps cut out the fingerprints. It is easy to put on, and I am sure they have one for the ipod touch. It does not decrease the touch sensitivity. I also put a screen protector on my ipod touch, before I knew about the other antiglare one, and I would prefer to keep it protected. It is hard to scratch, but it will scratch, and I also have mine in a leather flip case. When you pay this much for something, it just makes sense to me, to keep it nice as long as possible.

10. Loge macrumors 68020

Loge

I use the anti-glare screen protector from Power Support and I thoroughly recommend it. I got it to reduce the glare rather than avoid fingerprints. However it really does improve that situation; and any marks that do appear are easily removed. This is significantly better than having to use the cloth after time you've been using it.