Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ccf

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 14, 2011
I'm wondering if there's a screen protector that truly helps with fingerprints. I'm not worried about scratches. I'm going to get a cover of some sort, but I've always been good about not scratching my electronic screens.

Anyway, since I'm only concerned with fingerprints & not protection, would I benefit from any particular product? Even fingerprints don't bother me a great deal, but it's the one thing that kind of bugs me.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

sotie

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2007
Power Support HD-Anti Glare film helps a great deal with fingerprints and smudges.

ccf

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 14, 2011
Power Support HD-Anti Glare film helps a great deal with fingerprints and smudges.

thanx for the suggestion

i should also add i'd like it to not degrade the screen quality, as well...i know some of the screen protectors have this issue

outphase

macrumors 65816
Jun 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
thanx for the suggestion

i should also add i'd like it to not degrade the screen quality, as well...i know some of the screen protectors have this issue

All anti-fingerprint screen protectors are matte, so they all degrade to some degree.

ccf

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 14, 2011
All anti-fingerprint screen protectors are matte, so they all degrade to some degree.

i appreciate the info...some probably do it better than others, which i guess is the key

icecrystal23

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2010
Power Support does it better than SGP in my experience.

PowerSupport HD is more clear, SGP Ultra Fine is better at fingerprint reduction in my experience. But it sounds like you would like more clarity, so probably PowerSupport is your best bet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.