Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Derkatwork

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 8, 2010
Milwaukee
With the fingerprint sensor, I'm a touch worried. I really love it and think its cool, but still. I am not saying 'big brother' by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm mildly worried. I know it's only a finger print and many people likely have their fingerprints on record already, but is there any other concern with new technologies like this? I know privacy was given up when I accepted Facebook/smartphones/google into my life. I know that I have a digital 'fingerprint' of websites I've gone to and physical places I've been could theoretically be tracked and stored by the phone. More than ever after that whole story that the government has been getting info from google, apple, windows, and others. Or am I too paranoid? I repeat, I'm not saying 'big brother' or anything.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
There was a news story about this a while back.

Basically google dish out your info all over the place.

Apple however require a warrent to dish it out unless you give permission.

As for your fingerprint relax. It's stored locally and not sent anywhere plus it's encrypted on several levels. Add to that it's not an image of your print that's actually taken and I think your safe!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.