Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rpearlberg

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 22, 2010
My iPhone 7 has been working fine until the last few days the fingerprint stopped working. I deleted the fingerprint and re-added and that seemed to help for a few days, but not it stopped again.

Anyone have this problem?

catbiscuit

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2017
My iPhone 7 has been working fine until the last few days the fingerprint stopped working. I deleted the fingerprint and re-added and that seemed to help for a few days, but not it stopped again.

I too am having this problem with my SE. Won't recognize my fingerprints to unlock. Right now it will often still recognize one of the three prints I saved after a few tries.

Last edited:

chilman

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2011
My 5s finger print is working like a charm till now since the day I bought back in 2013.

Mylo130

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2012

My wife had the same problem with her SE. I did a DFU reinstall, but it didn't help. Took it to the Apple Store and they ended up changing the screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.