Fingerprint unlock opens camera?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hustler, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Hustler macrumors 6502

Hustler

Does anyone else have this happen? Fingerprint unlock automatically launches the camera? I would say at a rate of 50% of my unlocks this happens. Am I doing something wrong or not finding a setting for this? The camera app isn't launched prior to locking my phone when this happens. Sometimes it's in the multi task bar as a recently opened, but still happens when I force quit the camera at times too.
    It happened on my first iPhone 6 as well, and still happens after restoring as new and not from back ups? Is this a bug? I google searched this site and didn't see much info about this.
    Thanks
    Brad

2. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

You're not swiping up on the screen first, are you?

3. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

That's immeiately what I thought. Unless I swipe up on the screen, I have never had Touch ID launch the camera app.

4. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

Might be a dumb question, but is it possible you use the camera but don't close it (ie. Return to the homescreen) before locking? If that's the case the camera will be active when you unlock. Other than that, the only likely explanation is that you are somehow swiping up on the lock screen camera icon.

5. perkedel macrumors 6502a

perkedel

If I have camera open, then I just press the power/lock button to lock the screen, the next time I use TocuhID, it will launch the camera. Sure, it does that.
    If you press the home button exiting out of camera to the home screen, the next time you use Touch ID, it will take you to the home screen.

I think you just forgot that you had camera app open, and the screen times out or you locked it.