Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

UnbornApple

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 18, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
Has anyone noticed that iTunes or the App Store almost never ask for a fingerprint when trying to purchase something?

I am almost always getting something about need to verify the iTunes password. If i put that in the app will download. Then if I download an app after that it will ask for the finger print right away.

It seems odd that it would ask for that more than once, if I've already given you a fingerprint or password to get into the phone why would you need the password ever again....

D3TSURA

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2013
Go into the settings and make sure you have the setting toggled for using the fingerprint for iTunes and App store purchases.

Iphone5preorder

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2012
Yeah it's a joke. It only does it after you've entered your password like two times in the day. That's the only time fingerprint purchasing works.

If your phone dies or you turn it off, you have to enter the password again every time. The feature is honestly useless and it annoys me that apple stood there and said "no more entering your passwords!!!" I clearly remember him saying that at the keynote and here we are, entering our passwords...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.