Fingerprints

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Apple all life, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Apple all life macrumors 6502

How to you guys get rid of the fingerprints? After about 5 minutes of use with my Ipad I have to clean it. It is like an OCD of mine. I originally had a sgp anti fingerprint screen protector but it just took away to much color from the screen. What do you guys about fingerprints?

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

When they get noticeable, I just wipe them off

3. Tobster3 macrumors 6502

I installed a Power Support Screen Protector which reduced a lot of the fingerprints. I only need to give the iPad screen a wipe a few times a day now.

4. JulianL macrumors 65816

I take the other approach. I've pretty much stopped cleaning my screen so that after a few days it has fingerprints everywhere. To me it looks less messy and annoying than a mostly clean screen with a few random dots where I've done the most tapping (mostly in the keyboads area) and a few lines and other marks where I've done swipes and drags.

I would love to keep a completely clear screen though. With all these threads about fancy features that should be in future iPads (retina display, huge CPU and memory increases, fancy cameras, etc), the one thing I would really love would be if Apple could find the technology somewhere (it probably doesn't exist right now) to take the oleophobic coating to a whole new level where it stops fingerprints in the first place rather than just making them easier to wipe off.

- Julian

5. lapocompris macrumors regular

6. Amazing Iceman macrumors 68040

Amazing Iceman

I clean it periodically using the included microfiber cloth. Eventually it gets dirty again, but it doesn't bother me while the display is on.

I don't use any screen protectors . The screen is protected by the Apple iPad Case.

Unless you remove all the oil in your fingers, it's going to be very hard to avoid getting marks on the screen.

7. Merthyrboy macrumors 6502

I don't normally wipe the screen as I can't really notice them when the screen is on. May wipe it like if it does get noticeable though.

8. MFP macrumors newbie

Fingerprints

I use iKlear to wipe it off, you don't even need to spray it to be honest, just wipe it with the special thing and done, I also use a stylus. It stills gets dirty after severL hours of use but I don't mind cleaning it again.

9. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

With all these OCD threads, I'm considering selling iCondoms for your hands. Use you iDevice and leave no fingerprints behind. Would you buy them?

10. Mitchrapp macrumors 6502a

Yeah. With the screen on I don't notice fingerprints. With it off my wife might mention for me to clean it but then I forget it about and a month later, maybe I'll clean it. With my shirt tail. Maybe.

11. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

12. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

1) Finger cots (kinda like the condom recommendation above)
    2) Sertraline and/or therapy

13. notjustjay macrumors 603

notjustjay

I periodically wipe my screen against a clean, soft, lint-free, cotton T-shirt, or a soft fleece sweater.

... usually while I'm still wearing it.

Works great.

14. Mitchrapp macrumors 6502a

Lint free T-Shirt? Damn. I still use Lint T-Shirts. They work good too.

15. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

If we are going to talk about what we use to wipe them off with, well, that would usually be my tie :D

16. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

I use a ShaggyMac microfiber cloth. I have a Marware Eco-Vue case and it goes right over the screen when I close the case. That way I have it handy to wipe the screen anytime.

I'm probably a bit OCD too, but I bring the ShaggyMac along to meetings as well, because the conference room fluorescent lights seem to make every fingerprint show up when I'm typing notes. I don't wipe it every minute or anything :D but I do wipe it back down after a long meeting.

17. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

I cut off my fingertips with a boxcutter so all I'm touching the screen with now is a bunch of scabs. Easy way to never deal with fingerprints again :)

18. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

LOL like the guy from the movie Smoking Aces who chews off his finger prints in jail to avoid revealing his identity through finger print analyzing....

19. b.c. macrumors 6502

+1 same here, except I only need to wipe it every few days now.

the PS Antiglare screen not only reduces glare (of course) but also fingerprints. as well, the screen is much much less of a dust magnet than it used to be (at least, with the Apple case and no screen protector, it really seemed to collect a lot of dust before, especially around the edges)

20. trsnrtr macrumors 6502

trsnrtr

I use my bare forearm. Seriously, somebody mentioned it in one of the earlier 100 or so similar threads and it works. :)

21. SR2 macrumors regular

It's getting ridiculous, OCD is a real disease just like retardation. These people are just being anal.

22. apple-ette macrumors member

Zagg Invisibleshield works like a charm for me. I rarely need to wipe the screen.

23. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

I was thinking more along the lines of the movie Se7en, but yeah, same premise :)

24. frankandsteph macrumors newbie

How about a 600 grit sandpaper, leaves a nice finish

25. Gaelic2 macrumors 6502

How difficult is it to just wipe it off? It's a no brainer!