Fingerprints

Discussion in 'iPad' started by patseguin, Apr 3, 2016.

1. patseguin macrumors 65816

patseguin

Got my IPP yesterday and have noted that it is not really attracting fingerprints. Did Apple use some new kind of coating. I still have my Air 2 and side by side it is very dramatic.

2. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I was going to post the same. I have had every iPad they made and the 9.7 Pro does not finger print compared to other models, even my 12.9 Pro prints badly in comparison. I thought it was my imaginations but seems Apple did something different with the coating on the 9.7 Pro.

3. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

New iOS devices have oleophobic coating. However, it gets worn down after a while. I use an old tube of Antec Deep Cleaning Gel (discontinued, I think) every once in a while to make my smartphone and tablet displays more fingerprint resistant again.

However, it's also possible Apple may have used better coating on the iPP 9.7. Oh well, time will tell.

4. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

They must have, because my Mini 4 seems to hold more fingerprints than the Pro97.

5. goonie4life9 macrumors regular

Funny you should say that, because my 9.7 in Pro was covered in finger prints when still in the box (when I took the protective plastic off after opening the box, the screen was covered in finger prints before I even touched it).

6. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

It sounds like somebody sold you a used iPad.

7. goonie4life9 macrumors regular

It was shipped directly from Apple to me (both the outer box and iPad box were sealed). My guess is it was never properly cleaned at the factory before it was packaged.

8. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I would say you are right if it came directly from Apple. This is disappointing.

9. Wackery macrumors 6502a

I think apple is really overstating the fingerprint and glare resistance of the screens on the iPad Pro models.

I mean I'm sure it's better than before, but coming in from having this iPad Pro as my first iPad, I have to say I can see every finger print and a very noticeable glare when even in moderate sunlight.