Fingerprints

patseguin

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 28, 2003
Got my IPP yesterday and have noted that it is not really attracting fingerprints. Did Apple use some new kind of coating. I still have my Air 2 and side by side it is very dramatic.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Got my IPP yesterday and have noted that it is not really attracting fingerprints. Did Apple use some new kind of coating. I still have my Air 2 and side by side it is very dramatic.
I was going to post the same. I have had every iPad they made and the 9.7 Pro does not finger print compared to other models, even my 12.9 Pro prints badly in comparison. I thought it was my imaginations but seems Apple did something different with the coating on the 9.7 Pro.

rui no onna

macrumors G3
Oct 25, 2013
New iOS devices have oleophobic coating. However, it gets worn down after a while. I use an old tube of Antec Deep Cleaning Gel (discontinued, I think) every once in a while to make my smartphone and tablet displays more fingerprint resistant again.

However, it's also possible Apple may have used better coating on the iPP 9.7. Oh well, time will tell.

asleep

macrumors 68040
Sep 26, 2007
Got my IPP yesterday and have noted that it is not really attracting fingerprints. Did Apple use some new kind of coating.
They must have, because my Mini 4 seems to hold more fingerprints than the Pro97.

goonie4life9

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2010
Funny you should say that, because my 9.7 in Pro was covered in finger prints when still in the box (when I took the protective plastic off after opening the box, the screen was covered in finger prints before I even touched it).

Wackery

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2015
I think apple is really overstating the fingerprint and glare resistance of the screens on the iPad Pro models.

I mean I'm sure it's better than before, but coming in from having this iPad Pro as my first iPad, I have to say I can see every finger print and a very noticeable glare when even in moderate sunlight.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.