Fingersprint and smudges on 2017 iPad Pro 12.9

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by cakebytheocean, Jul 5, 2017.

1. cakebytheocean macrumors member

I just received my 2017 iPad Pro 12.9 yesterday and it is definitely as good as we have all heard.

I have however noticed that the screen and front bezels collect a lot of fingerprints and smudges more than I have noticed on any other device. When viewing something with a white background and you scroll you can actually see the smudges on the screen this isn't the case with my iPhone.

I don't know if I was being uber OCD or it was just using this big of a screen up close I thought maybe there was something wrong with the oleophobic coating. My understanding was that the coating is supposed to prevent fingerprints and smudges however upon some further research online I found that the coating actually just enables you to wipe the screen clean with a cloth whereas without the coating the cloth would just move the smudges around on the screen and not actually clean it. So it seems the coating is working as intended.

However I still don't know if I am experiencing an inordinate amount of fingerprint collection or not. Anybody else experiencing something like this?