Finished an iMovie project... couple ?'s

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by rye9, Aug 19, 2009.

1. rye9 macrumors 65816

rye9

Okay so I just completed a project on iMovie... I created and exported a couple slideshows using iPhoto and then combined them with some added things in iMovie. So now I have a couple questions...

1) Under movies, there's a folder called iMovie events... these are just the slideshows I made in iPhoto, right? If so, aren't they also in a folder though entitled "iPhoto slideshows"?

2) What file type is my movie? Can I watch it in quicktime or just in iMovie?

3) If I want to upload it to Facebook, youtube, etc... how should I go about this? Export the movie? Or export it as quicktime? (What's the difference between these options?)

2. alexcvitanovic macrumors newbie

Howdy.

I'm not sure about the answers to questions 1 or 2 - but I can help with 3.

Export to quicktime will let you...export to a quicktime movie.
    Export the movie will also give you the same options as export to quicktime, but sometimes more options will be available (ie flash or AVI depending on your system setup).

Export to quicktime is best for uploading to youtube or facebook.
    A few things to keep in mind:
    - Dont export a reference file, make sure it is the whole video (there is a checkbox called "export reference file" or similar, make sure thats not selected)
    - If you can, encode the video to h.264 quicktime. This will reduce file size and make your upload a lot faster.