Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
I'm done, yahoo! I've run through the gamut of leather folio cases, Apple Smart cases and numerous Amazon cases and ended up without a case.

Early on, I bought a Bodyguardz Carbon Fiber skin in white for the Air back. It sat in the package as I was leery of putting it on - figuring it would be as much fun as a screen saver. Also, I really wanted a case. So this weekend, I saw it again and thought - what do I have to lose and tried it. I love it! It was very easy to install and I really like the look and feel of it. It's a textured vinyl type material that sticks well to the iPad and has a decent grip when holding it or putting it on a table.

And with the white carbon skin, I have partnered wth the Apple covers in a few colors to change things up. I also like the Apple covers better than the Apple cases. The covers hold very tightly to the iPad itself and also have a much tighter grip when tri-folded in the stand modes. All of my covers seem to lay nice and flat and I think will be much easier to keep clean than the leather. Additionally, the covers' magnets make them stick to the back when holding like a magazine, so the covers stays tight and doesn't flop around.

I know that I'm out there with no drop protection and will need to be really careful in that regard but the grip is great with the Carbon skin and the Air fits nicely in my purse when I'm out and about. The lightness for me is just so worth it. And I can easily go even lighter when I don't need a stand.

Finally! I'm finished with my crazy search for a case. ������

Last edited:

Maziar

macrumors 6502
May 22, 2010
Congrats!
So the installation is overall easy right? I had a Zagg shield for my iPad 1 few years ago and it was a mess.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
Congrats!
So the installation is overall easy right? I had a Zagg shield for my iPad 1 few years ago and it was a mess.

Installation was much easier than I thought it would be - nothing at all like a screen saver installation. I probably did mine the hard way and it was still easy. The directions show peeling back one side and aligning with the holes and then smoothing down, kind of like a screen saver install. However, I was determined to get the Apple cutout lined up so I pulled all the backing up and worked from the middle out. Literally took less than 10 minutes of messing with it and I pulled it up around 5 times before I was happy. It is so much more forgiving than a screensaver and I'm sure the skin being opaque certainly helped. I would imagine the clear skins would be just as difficult as a screensaver.

Here are some photos.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    718.9 KB · Views: 182

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
And so easy to just switch it up with a different color cover for Christmas #

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    677.6 KB · Views: 147

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
The best case search is the one that never started

So true - but sometimes it takes the long way to get there. I always had cases on my previous iPads and landed on my favorites fairly early in the search. The good news is that I'll have a few give aways for MacRumors buds after the Christmas rush is over.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.