Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sheza

macrumors 68020
Aug 14, 2010
That's actually the best solution I have seen, I really like how it has a space for a lightning cable, as I'm almost certainly going to have one with me in my bag anyway for my portable battery.

Can't read the Amazon.com reviews because of Macrumor's stupid georiot redirection nonsense.

tgara

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2012
Connecticut, USA
Hi, saw this in an email I received from Amazon. Just thought I'd share for people still looking for a good case to carry their Apple Pencil. It looks like a good case, I particularly like the "Don't Touch my Pencil" one with the eyes on it! Lol Gets good reviews on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-Pencil-Sleeve-Pouch-Built/dp/B01CSB0GO8

That's quite nice, and comes in cool colors.

Looks like Fintie also makes a smaller leather pencil sleeve in a wide variety of colors too.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01F6N2BDE?psc=1

Andy847

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 17, 2016
Chicago Suburb
Yeah, I agree. My first case for my IPP I bought, was a Fintie folio cover and was relatively cheap on Amazon. It's a nice quality case, so yeah they make good stuff.

@Sheza, Just look it up by the name on Amazon.com, you should be able to read the reviews then.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
Just a tip for those in the UK. The links on this page for Amazon US state they don't ship to the UK however if you search for "Fintie Apple Pencil Case" on Amazon UK you will find both the larger case and the smaller pencil only case for sale there.

Sheza

macrumors 68020
Aug 14, 2010
Just a tip for those in the UK. The links on this page for Amazon US state they don't ship to the UK however if you search for "Fintie Apple Pencil Case" on Amazon UK you will find both the larger case and the smaller pencil only case for sale there.
Aha let me stop you right there - the link will automatically re-direct to the UK page for UK visitors.

Pros: If there is a matching product, you get linked to the Amazon site of your country.
Cons: If there is not a matching product, you get shown a useless search result page on the Amazon site of your country.

Welcome to Georiot.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
Aha let me stop you right there - the link will automatically re-direct to the UK page for UK visitors.

Pros: If there is a matching product, you get linked to the Amazon site of your country.
Cons: If there is not a matching product, you get shown a useless search result page on the Amazon site of your country.

Welcome to Georiot.

I tapped on both links in this thread on my iPad Pro 9.7" and they don't redirect to Amazon UK. That's why I posted in this thread to let people know that they are available on Amazon UK. I know there are some links that do redirect but these don't at least not for me.

Sheza

macrumors 68020
Aug 14, 2010
I tapped on both links in this thread on my iPad Pro 9.7" and they don't redirect to Amazon UK. That's why I posted in this thread to let people know that they are available on Amazon UK. I know there are some links that do redirect but these don't at least not for me.
They redirect on my Macbook.

tgara

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2012
Connecticut, USA
Looks like Fintie also makes a smaller leather pencil sleeve in a wide variety of colors too.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01F6N2BDE?psc=1

Since they are so inexpensive, I ordered a Fintie sleeve for the Apple Pencil.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01F6N2BDE?tag=macrumors-20&psc=1

I ordered black. It's quite nice. The leather is grain-textured as shown in the pictures, and is pliable. It smelled sort of funny after I took it out of the plastic wrapper, but after sitting overnight, the smell is mostly gone. It's probably a preservative to keep it fresh on the boat ride from China.

I like this sleeve a lot. It is basically a protective leather sleeve with a fold-over top that fully protects the pencil from damage on drops or in your bag/briefcase. The Apple Pencil fits perfectly and has about an inch of the pen showing at the top..... enough for you to grab the body (not just the cap) and pull the pencil out. It reminds me of a classic pen pouch you often see accompanying fancy pens (Montblanc, Pelikan, Waterman, etc.).

For $8 this is a great option if you want a minimalist sleeve pouch to protect your Apple Pencil. It comes in a variety of colors, too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.