iPad Fintie SmartShell Case for iPad Air (from Amazon)

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by GiRARDsays, Nov 19, 2013.

1. GiRARDsays macrumors member

So I bought this case on a whim as I needed a case ASAP for my brand new iPad Air. I ordered it on Saturday and it just arrived at my work today. For $12.98 (paid $3.99 for Amazon Prime One-Day Shipping), I'm extremely happy with the case. Cutouts are where they should be and the auto sleep/wake feature works great!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I still may end up getting the official iPad Air Smart Case by Apple, but I am definitely happy with this ~$13 investment.

2. stephen1108 macrumors 65816

3. GiRARDsays thread starter macrumors member

Yepp. It was either this or the Poetic Slimline. I chose this case as the branding was a little more subtle since it was tonal versus the Poetic version having it's branding in a more noticeable white text.

4. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

5. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

Is the plastic shell lined with microfiber or just the cover?

6. GiRARDsays thread starter macrumors member

It's not completely lined, but a majority of it is.

7. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

Shouldn't you have gotten it Tuesday?

Which is unrelated to the case. But you didnt seem to get overnight prime! Lol!

8. solar240sx, Nov 23, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2013

solar240sx macrumors newbie

I bought the Finite 360 folio case from Amazon for $10 shipped, and it's a great cheap case for my Air. It's nice to be able to sit at a table and view in landscape and portrait. Though in landscape it would fall flat with a few "heavy" touches but I fixed the problem by putting a single piece of loop side Velcro on the bottom of the outside of the case. The off feature works perfectly and there's a nice elastic band that keeps the case closed when in transit. Plus it seems to protect the edges of my Air if it gets dropped.

For $10 you can't go wrong, I wonder why anyone would pay more than $20 for a case ?

http://www.amazon.com/Fintie-Apple-iPad-Air-Case/dp/B00G43ZVYC

9. gnortenjones macrumors regular

I ordered this case the same day the OP did also from amazon for $8.99.

For the money this is an excellent case. If I didn't know what the price was, I'd probably price it closer to $30. It fits well, seems very protective, and the Smart Cover wakes the ipad as advertised.

The only flaw is using it as a stand. This case sufferers the same design flaw the Apple smart case does by switching to a three section cover that relies on the magnet to stay closed when using it as a stand, it becomes less stable.

Apart from that one small design flaw, which isn't a problem for me because I never use it as a stand, this case seems like a steal for its price.

10. Gjwilly, Nov 26, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2013

Gjwilly macrumors 68030

Looks like the Poetic has a larger camera hole and a larger headphone opening.
    The Fintie might be a problem for larger headphone plugs.
    The holes in the Poetic also look more finished (to me) because they're beveled and not just a hole drilled straight-through. Especially the rear mic hole. On the Fintie it almost looks like a last minute afterthought.
    Other than that they look pretty much identical.
    Is the magnet on the Fintie strong enough to keep the cover secured when upside-down and closed?

11. nixiemaiden macrumors 6502a

I really like Fintie. I got the smart shell case for the mini and also a small bluetooth keyboard. Both work really well and were really cheap!

12. guitarguy316 macrumors regular

when you open the cover, does it stick to the back of the ipad case with a magnet or no?