FIOS Problems w/ MacBook.

manley

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 11, 2007
Jersey
Hey guys. Recently switched over to FIOS from Comcast cable service. I use it on my MacBook via Verizon's wirless router they provided during installation.

Any, when surfing the internet on my MacBook, it is unbearably slow. I would even go as far to say it's comparable to 56k. Only browsing the internet is slow. In cases where I'm downloading a torrent in Azureus, I get great speeds.

My other computers in the house (PCs, both desktop & wireless laptops) get great speeds as well. I have download the booster that Apple provides on their site, and still nothing. Also, in cases where I've hardwired my MacBook to the router, it's still pretty slugish, so I don't think it has anything to do with the wireless connection.

Verizon techs have been at my house twice for the problem and have determined that the problem more than likely lies with Apple, but I cannot think of anything that would be causing this. My 1 year warranty is expired too, so I'm somewhat hesitant to contact Apple for help unless absolutely necessary.

Anyone have any ideas?

manley

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 11, 2007
Jersey
Thanks a lot, it seems that the OpenDNS trick is working great. Hopefully it stays that way.

manley

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 11, 2007
Jersey
So that OpenDNS trick only helped for like 2 days. Ever since my internet browsers have been painfully slow again.

It's really been aggravating lately. I might as well go back to using 28.8.