Fire sales?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Kassigirl, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Kassigirl macrumors newbie

Did Apple stop doing the fire sales?

I know they used to offer some discounted goodies near the end of the month, but I can't remember how long ago it was. I hadn't read/heard of them discontinuing their fire sales, but they weren't advertised to begin with. After talking to two employees at the local store I was told two things :

One, they don't sell refurbished merchandise in the store. (To my knowledge the sales were all 'refreshed' and 'open box', if that makes a difference.)

And two, "Oh, I dunno, I haven't worked here that long."

So if they've really stopped offering these deals, does anybody know why? The prices weren't that low, but every bit helps! It seems such a pity...

Anybody have an answer?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I've never heard of Apple having "fire sales" or "refreshed" or "open box" items. They do sell refurbished merchandise online, but not in stores. They also offer educational discounts to those who qualify.

Edit: I found this in a Google search:

3. TheIntruder macrumors 6502a

TheIntruder

My store told me that the stuff that used to be sold as "refreshed" at the end-of-month sales is now sent back to Apple, presumably to be put into the pool that becomes sold as refurbs in the online store.