Fire Wire Port Alternatives on Air?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Lindigab, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Lindigab macrumors newbie

I am away from my macs at home and have just replaced my macbook pro which was stolen from my hotel room with an Air. It was a hasty move with not too much thought after being in Egypt for 3 weeks with no computer to consume the vast amount of pictures and video footage generated!! Now with all this to organise (and my five year old travelling companion champing at my heals) I realise I have no fire wire port! Dah, minor over sight!! Could anyone out there please give me a quick solution on how to get the video footage from my camera onto this little wonder I would be grateful. It is on the cameras internal disk drive. i like what I have read in another thread about getting it onto a flash card just not sure how at the mo, it is a jvc hard disk drive cam corder. I have the external disk drive for the air. Could I just get the footage onto a dvd at a shop somewhere then use that to import what I want? Any advice would be hugely appreciated.

2. Spock macrumors 68000

Spock

I have only seen one cable that does this, http://www.pixela-1.com/captycable/ I dont know much about the MacBook Air and bootcamp but this only seems to work in Windows XP