Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Couldn’t resist this with the low price and great reviews. New Taurus G3.

ba6400da18e72a739a389e2911d1568c.jpg

Taurus is night and day different over the last 10 years. They were like the ‘Kia of the 90s’ compared to where they are today in terms of improved craftsmanship, quality of parts and even the customer service relations has expanded.

In terms of affordability with a better track record, it’s a solid handgun that I would recommend for those who maybe can’t afford say a Glock, M&P or XDM.

Reactions: 0388631

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
Taurus is night and day different over the last 10 years. They were like the ‘Kia of the 90s’ compared to where they are today in terms of improved craftsmanship, quality of parts and even the customer service relations has expanded.

In terms of affordability with a better track record, it’s a solid handgun that I would recommend for those who maybe can’t afford say a Glock, M&P or XDM.
Yep. I remember badly teasing someone for buying a Taurus back in the early 2000s on THR. Poor guy got roasted by everyone.

Reactions: CooperBox

vemac575

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2018
Can you get info on this build? Also, what admin pouch is that?

Milspec Monkey

CooperBox

macrumors 68000
Yep. I remember badly teasing someone for buying a Taurus back in the early 2000s on THR. Poor guy got roasted by everyone.
Interesting! And I agree, some of the quality control on Taurus arms today is better than many modern S&W (although many older S&W were truly superb. As a club shooter in France I've owned both, and imho Taurus has shed a lot of it's 'bad' image.
I must get around to posting a few photos of my personal favorites which I use frequently, examples: S&W 27-2 6", Colt Python 6" (the 'Rolls') and Manurhin MR73 5"1/4 (the Bugatti.....?)

vemac575

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2018
You throw it in a backpack or just did it because you could?

I live in El Paso. After the walmart shooting, I decided I was carrying an AR pistol when I go out, every time. So one of the bigger reasons, was I wanted something I can lock up in my truck safe. It's a small lock box and this allows me to lock it up.

Also, to have in a discreet, small bag, in church. I'm the royal rangers commander at my church and need take their safety seriously.

There are other small reasons. I'm not really the "because I can" type. I sure as hell am not going to spend money on stuff just for the sake of doing it.

Reactions: CodeRaven

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
I live in El Paso. After the walmart shooting, I decided I was carrying an AR pistol when I go out, every time. So one of the bigger reasons, was I wanted something I can lock up in my truck safe. It's a small lock box and this allows me to lock it up.

Also, to have in a discreet, small bag, in church. I'm the royal rangers commander at my church and need take their safety seriously.

There are other small reasons. I'm not really the "because I can" type. I sure as hell am not going to spend money on stuff just for the sake of doing it.

Makes sense. How long would it take to deploy in a real world situation? How do you train as you fight (as in, bullets flying your way)?

I see Tim Kennedy carries a FN FiveSeven becasuse it's like a rifle in a handgun.

Reactions: CodeRaven

vemac575

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2018
Makes sense. How long would it take to deploy in a real world situation? How do you train as you fight (as in, bullets flying your way)?

I see Tim Kennedy carries a FN FiveSeven becasuse it's like a rifle in a handgun.

So there are a lot of variables one needs to consider when being this hypothetical, and because of that, I try to just be realistic as possible. The way I've trained, is I'm sure I will almost always go for my carry pistol when reacting when seconds count. The AR pistol is most likely going to be for when I have a minute to consider things. For instance, in the Walmart shooting, I'm sure it would have played out something like this:

"Oh **** are those gun shots? Damn that guy's shooting people! Babe I'm going to stop this guy before he kills over 20 people." I grab the AR pistol, tell the wife to drive herself and my kids to safety, and give that ******* what he deserves.

However, if I were INSIDE, I would have only my pistol. Even if I was outside, around the entrance I would have no thought of running to my SUV for the AR, I would try with the pistol. I know some people say stuff like that when they would possibly run, but I've been involved in situations in my life, none of which were anywhere near the scope of the walmart shooting, but none the less, it turns out I'm a "fight" guy. Especially when innocence is at stake.

As to how long it takes to pull out of my truck safe and get into full readiness, even my first try was less than 30 seconds. I've had my wife sit in the passenger seat and time me and the average time is (With the mag out) around ten seconds, and that's relaxed. The red dot stays on all day so I don't need to mess with that.

Under stress, given account for shakiness, distractions, and any errors, it could take up to 20 seconds, I suppose. In my opinion, that's no time at all and if things are way too urgent, you don't even think about it and should go for the pistol.

myscrnnm

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2014
Seattle, WA
D8C7E062-E357-4F1B-82D8-18564D890299.jpeg

Latest acquisition. IWI Tavor 7 in FDE.
Optics: Eotech EXPS2 with green reticle
BUIS: Troy folding sights in tan
Illumination: SureFire Scout dual fuel

Any suggestions for 7.62 suppressors and scope mounts? Would like to be able to put a Leica Amplus 6 (30mm tube) on this in the future.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.