Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

souta

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2007
los angeles
I can't print anything from firefox 2.0.0.2. I can print from safari. Am using new iMac20, OS X4.8, brother hl-5250dn printer.

I checked firefox support thread, noticed that other Mac users were having same problem. Firefox tech offered no OS X solutions (did have some solutions for windows printing issues).

When I hit command-p, a small menu appears instantly in the middle of the screen, then disappears so quickly I can't read it. Then nothing happens, no printing, no nothing. When I go to print menu and click preview, same thing happens. A brief flash of small screen and then nothing.

I've scanned the threads here but didn't find anyone else who has had this problem. Any suggestions?

(note: firefox has performed well other than this, not many crashes. I'd use safari more but can't figure out how to list bookmarks along the side like in firefox.)

souta

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
I can't print anything from firefox 2.0.0.2. I can print from safari. Am using new iMac20, OS X4.8, brother hl-5250dn printer.

I checked firefox support thread, noticed that other Mac users were having same problem. Firefox tech offered no OS X solutions (did have some solutions for windows printing issues).

When I hit command-p, a small menu appears instantly in the middle of the screen, then disappears so quickly I can't read it. Then nothing happens, no printing, no nothing. When I go to print menu and click preview, same thing happens. A brief flash of small screen and then nothing.

I've scanned the threads here but didn't find anyone else who has had this problem. Any suggestions?

(note: firefox has performed well other than this, not many crashes. I'd use safari more but can't figure out how to list bookmarks along the side like in firefox.)

souta

does a new profile help?

souta

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2007
los angeles
Creating a new profile didn't help. Still couldn't print.

Since I had to use terminal to get to the change profile window, terminal was still open when printing failed. Here is the message that showed in terminal:

WARNING: Font "Times" with style 0 can't be handled by the imaging system. This document can't be drawn/printed with this font.

So I went to preferences to change the default font. I tried printing again, same message. Not sure I want to take all the Times fonts out of my system. What do you think?

souta

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Creating a new profile didn't help. Still couldn't print.

Since I had to use terminal to get to the change profile window, terminal was still open when printing failed. Here is the message that showed in terminal:

WARNING: Font "Times" with style 0 can't be handled by the imaging system. This document can't be drawn/printed with this font.

So I went to preferences to change the default font. I tried printing again, same message. Not sure I want to take all the Times fonts out of my system. What do you think?

souta
Printer driver issue, perhaps? Try going to the Brother site and looking for a newer driver than the one you have for your printer. Also, if your printer came with some other software, perhaps that software installed a corrupt font. There are utilities that exist to check for bad fonts, but I can't think of any off the top of my head. :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.