Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

5aga

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 18, 2003
Gig City
I love the new UI but is anyone else getting choppy scrolling? It seems like both Firefox and chrome (or any non-apple app) get choppy scrolling in mavericks.

I have disabled and re-enabled smooth scrolling and autoscrolling. But the problem persists.

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
I love the new UI but is anyone else getting choppy scrolling? It seems like both Firefox and chrome (or any non-apple app) get choppy scrolling in mavericks.

I have disabled and re-enabled smooth scrolling and autoscrolling. But the problem persists.

The only time I get choppy scrolling is when a page takes some time to download. Example, one with a lot of large photos or a large amount of data to download. But that is only till the page is fully downloaded. That is most likely due to the site or my ISP being slow. After download all is smooth.

I use Firefox as my default browser, but I also use Chrome, Safari and IE. No problems with any of them.

Switch to 30?

Most current.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-22 at 1.26.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-05-22 at 1.26.09 PM.png
    73.3 KB · Views: 82

bwat47

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2013
Scrolls fine here (not as smooth as safari, but not choppy) on my macbook air 2013 with mavericks.

Mr. Amiga500

macrumors regular
Jan 19, 2007
Canada
I'm getting extremely jerky scrolling. It all started with Firefox 29. I'm now using 30 and it actually seems worse. I haven't seen scrolling this bad since Firefox 2 on BeOS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.