Firefox 3.0.5 crashing

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by faust, Dec 23, 2008.

1. faust macrumors regular

faust

My Firefox 3.0.5 app has been crashing for an hour now. Whenever I try to access the bookmarks from the menu, it crashes. I recently uninstalled a toolbar for Final Fantasy XI Online, but I don't see how that could damage the browser.

In fact, I deleted the profiles I had for Firefox and it started crashing on a new copy of Firefox too, so I'm not sure what's up with it. I'm running OS X 10.5.5. Uh, again, it crashes when I try to access bookmarks, still crashes after removing it from my system. What's going on?

2. LittleApple08 macrumors member

I don't have the problem where it crashes with the bookmarks, but whenever I try to wait fr a video to download it becomes very unstable and usually crashes. I never heard of the bookmark issue though... I hope that come out with an update though to fix your problem and mine...:mad:

3. faust thread starter macrumors regular

faust

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Start with the basics...

- What version of the Flash plugin are you using?
    - What plugins, add-ons, extensions, whatever, do you have installed (full list)?

After a corrupt profile, plugin compatibility issues are the most common problem... you could have some plugin that was "approved" for this version of Firefox but isn't really compatible.

5. eluk macrumors 6502a

eluk

Not crashed at all for me. I am running 10.5.6 though.

6. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

3.0.5 is known to be a potential relative bug world of medium sized browser pain from what i've been hearing. Try rolling back to the previous version. Or using say portable app version till they quick fix it.

7. faust thread starter macrumors regular

faust

Yeah, this isn't the first issue I've had with this Firefox version. Ate my bookmarks a couple times too. :/ I'm gonna be using Opera until they fix it.