Firefox 3.0 beta

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by siren77, Nov 20, 2007.

1. siren77 macrumors member

FF 3.0 beta 1 released last night. Too soon to ask if anyone's given it a try? If yes, thoughts/opinions?

2. Sal Collaziano macrumors regular

3. I3eXa macrumors 6502

been playing with it for a few weeks and i like it but it doesn't have any themes for it yet and freezes alot, and sometimes won't let you click to type in a text box......some early bugs as expected but not bad overall.

4. Sal Collaziano macrumors regular

I saw two "file" menus and it didn't load right a couple of times.. Wait for Beta 2.

5. KurtangleTN macrumors 6502a

Ugly skin in Leopard, really kinda kills it for me. I like the speed already, but it defiantly has memory leaks, and often so It's not really worth using at this point, but I'm really hyped about the final release.

I saw the Safari-ish skin, plugins, native look.. I'm not sure if it uses Keychain or it's own..but I'm not a huge keychain user so oh well, I'm more worried about the dictionary.

6. happydude macrumors 65816

happydude

v 2

using firefox a fair amount in version two. have a question for 3. can you hit the "command" key after typing in a webaddress to open it in a new tab or do you still have to hit "command t" and type in the address in the new tab?

7. isleofjib macrumors regular

not sure about 3, but 2 can be configured to automatically open a new tab when entering a new website in the address bar. i use TMP to do it. TMP is the reason i use FF and not any of the other browsers.

8. iTeen macrumors 65816

iTeen

9. isalex macrumors newbie

me too. Are you on Leopard?

10. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

Well, now it's beta, not alpha...so maybe it's more stable than the version you've been using, which isn't the same.