Firefox 3.0 - can't see images

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Hello.there, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Hello.there macrumors 6502a

Hello.there

I upgraded yesterday to Firefox 3.0 on my MacBook but am having problems seeing images on various websites - I haven't upgraded yet on my iMac and can see the same images fine.

eg a guy on this forum asked people to look at his photos on this site - I can see them using the older Firefox but with 3.0 the page is just blank.

I've checked out the Firefox forum but can't find a solution to this - is anyone else experiencing a similar problem?

Thanks.

2. Chappers macrumors 68020

Chappers

Same with me - but I don't know why. I tend to use Safari but my wife prefers Firefox. I also noticed that the spellchecker that is working as I type this didn't work when I used Firefox to write an email.

3. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

make sure spellchecker is enabled

the image problem:

firefox 3 is using js ver 1.8, which is slightly different than 1.7, apple needs to update its iweb suite to generate correct codes.

4. J@ffa macrumors 6502a

J@ffa

A lot of people have mentioned that iWeb sites are hosed in Firefox 3. Apparently this problem was present in the betas too, so either it just never got fixed or it's an Apple problem. I guess either use Safari or downgrade Firefox?

5. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

apple' iweb always generate different js codes for different browsers, so obviouly its up to iweb to update.

apple is making life quite difficult for firefox 2.x, deprecated carbon, especially in newer system, and previously introduced bug, etc.

But yes, if fx 2 fits you good now, u can always keep it for now until iweb gets updated. only 50MB anyway.

6. Chappers macrumors 68020

Chappers

It's enabled for everything - and according to Firefox it is automatically checking and underlining but I have tried to mis-spell words and I get a red underline in Safari but not Firefox. My wife is not english and relies on spell check (me too) - so I will be sad to downgrade to Firefox 2.

Any ideas on if I'm missing something pathetically obvious.

7. snakedoctor macrumors member

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1563823&tstart=0

This is the fix. Basically there are two .js files that need to be updated. Its Apple's problem. They are using an older version of these scripts in iWeb 08, than FF3 uses.

Once you update these scripts in the iWeb.app you republish your site and it works fine.

8. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

can u post a screenshot?

9. Chappers macrumors 68020

Chappers

Well here I am with writing tht is spelt ronglie in FX and Safari but in FX there is not any red lines like in Safari -------- Hope there is and answer out there and thanks for help by the way.

Here is the desktop with Safari and Firefox side by side

Attached Files:

10. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

which language version of firefox did you download? if not english version, you might need to install dictionary from context menu

11. Chappers macrumors 68020

Chappers

Mine is English GB version I wish I understood as this is just meant to be automatic not like I had to set it up from Edit menu in the past for spelling as I type (also it says you should write more than one line for it to work) - what great idea that is. Thats my moan for the day - I shall wait for it to be fixed - early days on a new browser - not everything can be correct on day one. Well I even added american english and tried that - but no luck.

12. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

there is no need to write more than one word, and it should be automatic.

to this stage, try a new profile, and let me know if it works

Attached Files:

13. Chappers macrumors 68020

Chappers

clevin - A big thank you for all of you time and help it now works - I deleted profile and re-installed my dictionary had a glass of çay and all is well on my mac again thanks to you. That was the best help I have received here.

Thanks

14. GetDex macrumors newbie

GetDex

Iweb Fix app

Hello All,

I tried the
    Fix iWeb and Firefox 3 1.0.app
    but when I open the app it asks me to locate iWeb, which I do but it is tinted and will not allow me to select it to continue.

I have also tried replacing the 2 .js files which worked for 1 site:
    www.stoke.skittlers.co.uk
    but not for another:
    www.skittlers.co.uk

Any Ideas or just wait for Apple or Mozzila to battle it out…
    :confused:

15. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

i upgraded to fx3 yesterday too since it's my main(default) browser, but it seems to be kind of slugish to me for some reason slower than fx2? I'm sure it's ll be great i just wish i had waited a coupld of week more to upgrade to when they start really twicking it up....

16. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

it possible that update from fx2 to fx 3 causes some conflict in your profile, so if not too difficult, please try a new profile http://tpcr-cris.blogspot.com/2008/04/how-to-create-new-firefox-profile-under.html

17. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

ok im not at home irght now, but I'll try that when i get home for sure