Firefox 3.5 Freezing on Leopard 10.5.7

Discussion in 'macOS' started by neilford, Jul 24, 2009.

1. neilford macrumors member

I have, recently, been having trouble with Firefox 3.5 freezing frequently. I thought it was only this one site. I just had Firefox freeze while on MacRumors. I am wondering if there is a java problem or what. Has anyone else had this experience? Thanks.

neilford

2. neilford thread starter macrumors member

I am seeing this starting to happen with Safari, too.

neilford

3. guydude193 macrumors 6502a

If it's in more than one browser, it could be a hardware issue. I'd schedule a Genius Bar appointment, if I were you.

4. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Neilford - how old and what spec is your Mac?
    Seeing freezes and crashes from FF 3.5, and Safari, but then i'm using a 7200rpm new mid 09 MBP... :|

5. neilford thread starter macrumors member

I have a MacBook Pro 2.2 ghz Santa Rosa flavor.

I am not ready to call it a hardware issue, yet. I just had the logic board replaced in May.

neilford

6. webgoat macrumors 6502a

webgoat

test in a new user first to make sure you even need to start tinkering around in /Library... if the new user works fine you might wants to start digging around in ~/Library

if the issue persists in a new user try pulling the items out of /Library/Internet Plug-Ins to the desktop and see if the issue persists... not sure if this would affect firefox though... if the issue is cleared up with safari then move them back in in bunches to try and isolate it to a bad plugin... JavaPluginCocoa.bundle has caused some issues with safari and mail so you might want to start with it first