Firefox 3 Beta 1

rogersmj

macrumors 68020
Sep 10, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
They also said in the note file:

"...we'd really rather you waited until 3.0b1 was officially announced, so the servers don't get overloaded and we don't have a bunch of extra work to do."

So try to restrain yourselves. The new theme isn't in this one yet anyway. Also, be aware that it will hijack your FireFox 2.0's user profile, molesting your plugins/cookies/settings/etc, so if you do feel compelled to try it make a backup of ~/Library/Application Support/FireFox first.

danny_w

macrumors 601
Mar 8, 2005
Austin, TX
They seem to have broken 2.x badly of late, so perhaps v3 is the answer. FF has locked up on me much more after the last 2 updates (in the last 2 week) than ever before.

Mindflux

macrumors 68000
Oct 20, 2007
Austin
They seem to have broken 2.x badly of late, so perhaps v3 is the answer. FF has locked up on me much more after the last 2 updates (in the last 2 week) than ever before.
2.x works great for me. no problems what so ever.

rogersmj

macrumors 68020
Sep 10, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
I agree. 2.0 as a whole has been kind of a disaster. It usually crashes on me at least once a day.

stephenc92

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 19, 2007
They also said in the note file:

"...we'd really rather you waited until 3.0b1 was officially announced, so the servers don't get overloaded and we don't have a bunch of extra work to do."

So try to restrain yourselves. The new theme isn't in this one yet anyway. Also, be aware that it will hijack your FireFox 2.0's user profile, molesting your plugins/cookies/settings/etc, so if you do feel compelled to try it make a backup of ~/Library/Application Support/FireFox first.
"Overload" my servers please: http://macslice.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/firefox-3.0b1.en-US.mac.dmg

isleofjib

macrumors regular
Jan 21, 2007
CT
i've had no problems at all with the last 2 updates. i wonder if it's an extension that's causing the crashes?

GSMiller

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2006
Kentucky
Hmm...

The new Aqua buttons definitely look A LOT better than those huge "blocks" used in 1 & 2, but still not quite as nice as those in Safari.

stephenc92

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 19, 2007
Hmm...

The new Aqua buttons definitely look A LOT better than those huge "blocks" used in 1 & 2, but still not quite as nice as those in Safari.
It's definitely an improvement from Firefox 2. But Safari always seems to be one step ahead with the looks.

Oh by the way, thanks for sharing your bandwidth, Stephen, it's greatly appreciated. :cool:
No problem. I'm paying for my 1TB bandwidth a month, and no one is using it. So I thought I might aswell share it here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.