Firefox 3 bookmarks not showing/working no URL in navigation bar

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Ben Kei, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Ben Kei macrumors regular

Just installed Firefox 3 (along with half the planet) and it's really bad.

When it opens the bookmarks bar is blank, attempting to bookmark anything fails no matter what technique I use to do it.

The URL doesn't appear in the navigation bar and if I type a URL into it directly and hit enter it does nothing.
    The URL will appear if I click the favicon in the corner but that's not much help really!

Also, if I set a homepage in preferences it doesn't work.
    It opens all new windows full screen and blank and if I click the home button it either does nothing or takes me to the Firefox Google start page.

I've deleted old preferences/caches/profiles etc... wiped it entirely from my system, including all installed files as above and then reinstalled from a new DMG, not the first one in case it was corrupt and still nothing.

Any ideas?

2. cassieanne3 macrumors newbie

Same here...

The same exact thing is happening to me. Although, my address bar and toolbar take me nowhere. They never take me to Firefox Google homepage. None of my links in the toolbar work, and when I type in an address it goes nowhere. It is super frustrating, so if someone has an answer I would really appreciate it.
    cassieanne3