Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

UWUTengineer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 13, 2008
I'm running Firefox 3.0.1 on OS 10.5.4. I'm new to Macs, but have a moderate understanding of computers in general.

The problem I am having pertains to loading pages in Firefox. After, say 1-2 hrs of having Firefox open, pages will suddenly stop loading and I have to quit the app and relaunch it. It then works fine. Another problem, which I'm assuming is related, is that sometimes pages load, but the formatting is messed up: unusual font, unusual justification, images don't load.

I've found a few troubleshooting tips online saying to check this box or uncheck that box, but none applied to my situation. I have Firefox 3 loaded on a computer running XP and it doesn't have these problems.

Ideas?

jrrjbl

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2008
Pa
UWUTengineer

You are not alone, there are now 2 of us. Just spent time on usual FF forums to no joy. I look forward to the help. I do notice that leaving the Imac on and doing sleep allows FF to bleed memory big time. Wonder if there is a connection?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.