Firefox 3 problems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by 204467, Oct 1, 2008.

1. 204467 macrumors 6502a

This never used to happen, but one day it started happening and I don't know how to fix it. Whenever I open Firefox now, the window is always maximized. When I hit the green button again, it goes to its correct shape, but in its incorrect location that I have it set at (I have it placed so that when Vuze is open, I can check download/upload speeds without having to switch windows). I want to know why it always maximizes now, is there a way to make it open in my desired window size every time?

Also, this is a little unrelated, but it always happens. The Google search bar from the Google toolbar always opens in its smallest state, while I like it to be bigger. Can I make a certain size be the default it opens at?

2. ltldrummerboy macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

Try repairing disk permissions. I doubt it will work but it can't hurt to try. I honestly have no idea why it's doing this.

3. 204467 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the suggestion. How do I do this?

Alternate theory: It may have started when I most recently updated Firefox, not sure though.

4. ltldrummerboy macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

Open disk utility and select your internal HD and then repair permissions.

5. SHADO macrumors 6502a

SHADO

Well, in Vuze if you go View-->Advanced-->Transfers Bar, a little bar will come up w/ur download and upload speed, which you can drag anywhere, and it's small so itll fit in tiny places :) so u could put that at the bottom or ur firefox window. Also, I would try uninstalling and re-downloading firefox to fix ur window size problem. Good Luck

6. 204467 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the tip with Vuze, though that's not the main reason I want this problem to stop. Does anyone know how to fix the problem with the Google search bar in the Google Toolbar, or am i stuck with this?

7. SHADO macrumors 6502a

SHADO

Well like I said, I would try re-installing Firefox.

8. 204467 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well, for some reason, Firefox now opens in the window size it's supposed to. Go figure. I didn't even do anything to it, either.