FireFox 3 question..

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Delta608, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Delta608 macrumors regular

Delta608

How do you delete the browser history....I know, I know in tools ect. ect..But how do you delete the history from the address line drop down box...It never gets deleted....Thanks...

2. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

you did. the urlbar contains both history and bookmarks, so your history has already been cleared, what you saw is your bookmarks. which is indicated by a star at the right end of the line.

3. Delta608 thread starter macrumors regular

Delta608

Thanks for the response...I assume the "stars" are bookmarks, however most of them are not bookmarks..Anyway to clear the entire URL drop down to start fresh....

4. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

well, are you saying after "tools->clear private data->browsing history", your urlbar drop down menu still has non-starred items?

or all items are starred, but you just want the urlbar to be completely clean, starred items or not?

if its former, there might be some addons that is interfering with the urlbar, to test it out, you can try a new profile while backup old one.

if its latter, you can consider using addons such as hide unvisited.

5. !on macrumors member

interesting, that... i just set it to clear [all] private data when i close (no prompt).

there is still a drop down from address bar but this time, only favourites that i'd visited are showing. everything else is gone.

where is this info being stored / remembered?

6. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

info being stored

Title of the bookmarks/history
    url of the bookmarks/history
    Tags of the bookmarks
    visit frequency of bookmarks/history

when you clear history private data, all history related will be cleared, all bookmarks related will still be there.

7. Delta608 thread starter macrumors regular

Delta608

Perfect !!!!! Thanks for the link...Just what I needed/wanted ...:D