Firefox 3 RC1 is out on ftp server

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by clevin, May 12, 2008.

1. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

Attached Files:

2. ergdegdeg Moderator emeritus

ergdegdeg

Yey, great news! :D
    One question, though: Where do you get all that info from? Is there some kind of RSS-feed or stuff like that?

3. clevin thread starter macrumors G3

clevin

4. ergdegdeg Moderator emeritus

ergdegdeg

Cool, thank you.

One more thing: FF3 does thinks all my FF3 beta-extensions are not compatible??

5. clevin thread starter macrumors G3

clevin

Yes, they are practically fine, but are limited by the version check in their configuration files.

You can wait for the update of the extensions (should be quick since if they already support beta5, they should be paying attention to this event as well).

Or you can just disable extension compatibility check by goto about:config
    and create a new Boolean entry with name of "extensions.checkCompatibility" and value of "false".

6. Am3822 macrumors 6502

Am3822

"Awesome" bar

Any news on the awesome bar? Or is it going to stay?

7. clevin thread starter macrumors G3

clevin

it is definitely staying.... for those who like the old one, probably have to wait for the update of the extension "oldbar"...

8. Eminemdrdre00 macrumors 6502a

Eminemdrdre00

Yeah unfortunately that "awesome" bar is the only thing keeping me from using FF3. I know someone will be able to get the old functionality back. Right now oldbar changes the look, but I really prefer the way the old FF2 address bar worked.

9. clevin thread starter macrumors G3

clevin

RC1 is now out on mozilla's ftp server, should be officially on webpage soon.

10. FreakinSyco macrumors regular

FreakinSyco

I felt the same way for quite a while... then I started to use the awesome bar. It really is awesome. As long as I can remember ANY part of a URL or title I can find the page Im looking for. And once your start to use it, it knows more and more what your looking for. I used to use keywords with my bookmarks, but after a couple weeks with the awesome bar it just knows when I type "mac" that I want macrumors.

Heck I really dont even use bookmarks anymore. Just start typing in ANY part of the url and by my browsing habits it knows what I want. Start typing "sl" and it suggest slashdot.. start typing "di" and it knows I want digg. Start typing "en" and it knows engadget. Then press down and enter and I'm there.

And if you accidentally train it to go to a wrong site: just highlight the offending entry and press delete.

11. karenflower macrumors 6502a

karenflower

Awesome bar is awesome. :) It reminds me of Quicksilver. Thanks for the link, Clevin!

Edit: Just tried it and it doesn't seem to play very well with Personas. >< *sticks with 3b5*

12. MacNewbie03 macrumors regular

MacNewbie03

I downloaded 3b5 last week and today it automatically updated itself. I must say I am really loving this browser.

13. Dany M macrumors 6502

I downloaded it and it is fast and great...I also uninstalled noscript since it was slowing my browser alot!