Firefox 3 RC3 is out on ftp server

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by clevin, Jun 11, 2008.

1. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

download from ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/3.0rc3/mac/

This is NOT final version of Firefox 3.
    This COULD be final version of Firefox 3 if no further blocker were to be found.
    (This will probably be firefox 3 final)

RC3 is proposed and made because of a bug introduced by apple in OX 10.5.3 that occasionally causes system to hang under certain condition (This affect firefox 2.0.0.14 as well, there probably will be a 2.0.0.15. This may not be a firefox-only issue also, See if apple will do anything about it in 10.5.4).

RC3 is no different from RC2 for windows, Linux, and OX Tiger.

This probably will NOT affect the previous release schedule of firefox 3 final. Which is imminent.

Good luck

2. reubs macrumors 68000

Thanks for the news! I can't wait for 3 to get out so all of my extensions can be updated and I can start using it! I've been using on a PC (not on my Mac), and I really do like it.

3. Trip.Tucker Guest

What the hell is a blocker?

4. pjrobertson macrumors 6502a

A blocker is a bug that stops the program from being released. Because this blocker was found, Mozilla had to release another Release Candidate (what clevin has just posted about).
    Small bugs aren't necessarily blockers, they can be fixed after the program has been released but big bugs / security problems are blockers.

I probably won't bother downloading it and just wait for FF final. I've had no problems on 10.5.3 with RC2 :)

5. bsheridan macrumors 6502

bsheridan

You should think before you speak!
    Gave me a chuckle anywho, thanks :D:)