FireFox 3 & Safari Bookmarks... Sync?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Benjamindaines, Aug 2, 2008.

1. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

I want to use FireFox 3 as my web browser, but what's stopping me is the fact that there is no way to sync my iPhone with my FF bookmarks (or with mobile me). So my question is this; is there a way to either get FireFox to sync with the iPhone / MobileMe or is there a way to get FireFox to sync (live both ways) with Safari's bookmarks?

--Thanks.

2. Pili macrumors regular

Wondering the same thing, any easier way to do it without exporting/importing manually would be great.

3. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

4. Benjamindaines thread starter macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

5. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

there is an addon called "foxmark". i heard previously it can sync between fiefox and safari through .mac. but u know, .mac isn't there anymore. still. u can check out that addon.

maybe submit a feedback asking apple to support browsers other than ie and safari. there is no technical difficulties anyway.

6. Benjamindaines thread starter macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

Only works between FireFox installs now =[

7. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

8. jamesdmc macrumors 6502

While instantaneous syncing between Firefox and Safari would be nice, Bookdog is the the only way I know of right now. Once I finally got syncing through .mac working properly, I've been using it (Bookdog) for keeping my bookmarks across both browsers looking exactly the same. It's a little more manual than I'd like it to be, but it works.

James

9. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

For now I would suggest continuing to sync with Safari and regularly use Firefox's import utility. Going from Firefox to Safari I do not know.

Attached Files:

10. dws90 macrumors regular

There's another bookmark syncing app called Bookit, which allows for a slightly more automated syncing process. It hasn't been updated to support FF3, though - the author says that's coming "soon".