Firefox 3

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Schmoe0013, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Schmoe0013 macrumors regular

Schmoe0013

Hello, i recently installed firefox 3. And it works great.

I am having one problem however, whenever i open firefox for the first time (starting the application) or hit apple+n for a new window, the window opens up in the upper right hand corner of the screen, about the size of 48x48.... extremely small. I have to hit the green button to move it, as all of the buttons(red, yellow, green) and the silver minimize button usually on the right hand of windows, are all together, so there is no where to click and drag the window..

Any help would be great.

2. iansears macrumors newbie

Firefox 3 bug New window in OS X upper right

Yeah, me too. Frustrating because I thought it was me for a long time. This is a bug in Firefox as best I can tell.

When I create a new window using CMD+N it is a tiny little 50x50 or so window JAMMED into the upper right-hand most corner of my screen. What's up with this?

I'm on Leopard 10.5.4, MacBook, Firefox v3.0.1

Noone else having this problem?

Regards

3. Aranince macrumors 65816

This happens to me too randomly on Windows. Interesting to see its a problem on OS X too.

4. iansears macrumors newbie

Really? On Windows? There just HAS to be a fix or this would have upset EVERYone on day one of it's installation...
    I'm on Live chat at mozilla.com right now. I'll post my findings back here when we are done.

5. John T macrumors 68020

John T

I'm using Firefox 3 on OSX 10.4.11 and so far (fingers tightly crossed!) - no problems with Apple+N. :)

6. MM123 macrumors member

I'm on Leopard 10.5.4, MacMini, Firefox v3.0.1 (localized) no problem with that.

7. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

8. bobr1952 macrumors 68020

bobr1952

I wanted to check that out myself so I just updated Firefox and it seems to open fine for me--including new windows. (Leopard 10.5.4)

9. myke2 macrumors member

I just deleted Firefox 3. The browser was so damn buggy I couldn't believe it. I've had my mac for all of a week now and FF has crashed on me 6 times. I'm thoroughly unimpressed and frustrated.

10. MM123 macrumors member

I have no problem with FF on 10.5.4, in fact I have much better feeling browsing with FF than safari

11. John T macrumors 68020

John T

It would be interesting to know what makes you think that Firefox is "so damn buggy"?

You appear to be in the minority of one!

12. farmgirl macrumors newbie

Is the tiny window a laptop issue??

On my laptop, I start Firefox, or open a new window and I get a tiny window in the upper right corner. Even if there is a current, enlarged window and I click Cmd - N or File/New Window the new window will be in the upper right, tiny.

I KNOW this has something to do with using dual display with my laptop. I probably did the upgrade while connected to a second display. This ONLY happens when my laptop is not connected to the external display. I'm assuming my preferences somewhere are wanting to put the window on the right hand screen, and if it can't find it, it makes it tiny on the upper right.

I can't find a prefs file to delete - as I'm sure this would probably solve the problem...

13. farmgirl macrumors newbie

Solution!!

I posted this on Mozilla's forum as well, and someone figured out the solution...
    Hold down the option key when starting up Firefox, a window will pop up and then select "reset Toolbars and Controls" and then Make Changes and Restart.