FireFox 3

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by steve31, Jun 17, 2008.

1. steve31 macrumors 6502a

steve31

Cant find any posts on this.....but Firefox 3 is out and it works with multi touch. Well at least the back/forward swipe works.

2. Burtonsnow9 macrumors regular

are you saying that it is working now? because its definitely not working here.

3. EspressoLove macrumors 6502

EspressoLove

Wow, that would be fantastic !!!

I've tried FF3beta4 I believe sometime in March, in Apple Store, it didn't worked.

Great if they implemented this feature.
    Hope it's coming to an Aluminum MB this August :confused::eek::D:apple:

P.S. can anybody with Air & Penryn MBP check on this one ?!

4. dibara2003 macrumors 6502

5. iHerzeleid macrumors 6502a

iHerzeleid

6. JAdmiral macrumors member

7. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

I have multi clutch and that's why it works. Are you sure it works without it?

EDIT: Just tried it without Multiclutch and swipes certainly do NOT work in Firefox 3 for me. And yes I have the final version of Firefox 3.

Another EDIT: Oh and I don't have a MBA but a MBP. But it should be the same thing right?

8. AboveTheChaos macrumors regular

I installed it last night and that was one of the things I tested cuz I love it. But, it didn't work for me. If someone knows if there's a setting or something to make it work that would be great. I really do like the new FF and this would sweeten the deal.

9. ins0mniaque macrumors newbie

Definitely not working here. No pinch/swipe gesture working on my MBA in firefox by default. But after installing/configuring MultiClutch, it works great.

10. fredrickyoon macrumors regular

fredrickyoon

I installed MultiClutch. How do you configure it so that the swipes and pinch work in FireFox 3?

thanks

11. steve31 thread starter macrumors 6502a

steve31

Not sure why it is working for some and not all. I have never installed Multicltch. All I did was install Firefox 3 last night and was surprised to see that the swipe forward and back was working. It was on my MBA but I will update my FireFox in my MBP later and see if it also works.

12. steve31 thread starter macrumors 6502a

steve31

just tried it on my MBP 2.5 and it does not work on it. Not sure why it works on my air and not my pro.:confused::confused:

13. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

So possibly it only works on the Air? Can other users who have the Pro, confirm that multitouch works in FF3 without multiclutch?

14. shreddog macrumors member

15. FilipH macrumors regular

doesn't work on my MBA eithers. FF3 is excellent and highly recommended though.

16. ins0mniaque macrumors newbie

You add Firefox as an application (little plus sign bottom left corner), then you map the gestures to the corresponding keyboard shortcut... here's my setting :

Swipe Left ... Cmd-[
    Swipe Right ... Cmd-]
    Zoom In ... Cmd-+
    Zoom Out ... Cmd-- (Minus sign)

and then I added to all my browsers the following :
    Swipe Up ... Cmd-T (New Tab)
    Swipe Down ... Cmd-W (Close Window)

Now I can browse the web using nearly only gestures... I'm working to get to map rotate left and rotate right to scripts that will find the back and next in a page and click on it (like in a google web search, etc...). If your interested and/or have the solution, pm me, I'll keep you posted.

UPDATE: I was able to map rotate left and rotate right in Firefox using the "NextPlease" extension by assigning CmdShift-Left/Right in MultiClutch, only rotate right in Safari using the "Safari Next Page" script and FastScripts Lite by putting the script in ~/Library/Scripts/Applications/Safari, using FastScripts to assign the CmdShift-Right shortcut and then mapping it in MultiClutch. If anyone knows a better way or a way for other browsers (Opera, Camino...), please let me know.

17. AboveTheChaos macrumors regular

So it looks like the only way to do it is with multiclutch?

18. ViperrepiV macrumors regular

what are the advantages to using FF3 over safari?