Firefox 4.0 beta 3 is released

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by clevin, Aug 11, 2010.

1. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

What's JM and TM? I'm not familiar with these terms.

3. clevin thread starter macrumors G3

clevin

Oh, JM is JägerMonkey, TM is TraceMonkey, Mozilla are working on both to speed up its JS engine.

4. Caleb531 macrumors 6502

Caleb531

I'm looking forward to when Firefox 4 comes out, even if I am a recent Chrome convert. I still have a heart for Firefox, and am wondering how Firefox 4 will turn out.

5. KirkL macrumors 6502

I used Firefox ever since it was Phoenix, but I gotta say it's turned to crap - especially version 4. Bloatware anyone :(? Chrome is just so much better.

6. jon08 macrumors 65816

The new Firefox looks pretty neat, except for its wide Bookmarks Toolbar, which is really ugly. Does it really need to take up almost half an inch of the space on my monitor?? C'mon now, Mozilla, ever heard of a word AESTHETICS?! Thanks but no thanks.

On a side note: FF's awesome bar still sh*ts on Safari's "awesome" bar. :/

7. KirkL macrumors 6502

It looks like a poor Chrome ripoff IMO.

8. clevin thread starter macrumors G3

clevin

every browser has a backward button, a forward one, a home button, an url bar, a tab, a big window for display.

talk about ripoff, everybody ripoff netscape, but, who cares? you really care about originality in every aspects? try something completely different. lynx.

9. KirkL macrumors 6502

How many browsers put tabs on top and how many have done away with the traditional menu bar in favor a button (or two) with the most used functions before Chrome did? Not many I'd bet.

You don't want your fanboy feelings hurt? Get off the Internet or you could try growing up.

10. Caleb531 macrumors 6502

Caleb531

Ironically, Chrome 6 is planned to look more like Firefox in some regards. The bookmark star will be in the right of the address bar, and the site ID label will be on the left.

Now it's more like Firefox, even if only a little.

Attached Files:

11. clevin thread starter macrumors G3

clevin

what bs, how many browsers has no backward forward button, how many browsers has no url bar? Zero

and you dont need to bet about that!

and how many browsers now have more or less extensions? everyone!

who put urlbar and function buttons on the same line first? and see who is NOT doing that now?

who put a star in url bar to allow quick bookmarking? and who is doing it now?

did you see me jump out accusing chrome, safari, opera ripping off firefox? fanboy, right, thats you alright.

to hurt my feeling, you better armed with a little bit knowledge first. grow up, yeah right, look into mirror for a change.