Firefox 42% CPU?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Peter Franks, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Peter Franks macrumors 65816

And its not even doing anything, I just opened it, and MBP get's hotter and hotter. Anyone else have a problem with Firefox. I get this sometimes with Chrome, but not as much. And that's usually doing something, like playing YouTube. This is doing nothing...

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

This this is well known problem with third party browsers on OS X when the program browser is left open all the time. That's what we call a memory leak. So just close the program before sleeping or after some time.

3. Peter Franks thread starter macrumors 65816

Yuh thanks, I'd only just opened it, I think. Hard to use Safari when you're still running 10.6.8. Nobody supports that version anymore. That's my problem. Mind you. Been a strange day today. The infamous iOS 9 has saved an email draft in 'drafts' in Chinese letters or they may be Japanese. Never had or seen that in all my iPhone years. Makes no sense at all

4. revolyssup macrumors newbie

I used Firefox the other day and it brought my cpu temp up to 72*C and drained my battery very quickly. Needless to say I removed Firefox.

5. Peter Franks thread starter macrumors 65816

FF and Chrome always bring the fan up to boiling point, and Safari never did when on YouTube. Don't know why it can't be sorted.