FireFox acting really slow

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mike62pp3, Jul 7, 2010.

1. mike62pp3 macrumors newbie

mike62pp3

I'm running FF 3.6.6 on a MacBook Pro (new 2010) OS 10.6.4 and Firefox has been acting really slow and the death wheel comes up A LOT. I just re-installed snow leopard onto my MBP because flash was sluggish but just found out that it was FF all along. Whenever I go to right click or go to the menu, the death wheel comes on. When viewing flash videos, the video stops but audio continues for about 3sec then the video catches up. This happens every time. Is this just me or are there other people that are having the same experience? I'm not running anything else on the computer and it acts the same way. Any help? thanks and much appreciated.

2. mike62pp3 thread starter macrumors newbie

mike62pp3

To add to my post, it's not only in FF, but also in Chrome. WTF?! Safari plays videos perfectly. Am i missing something here?

3. saxon48 macrumors 6502a

saxon48

Maybe try removing then re-installing FF? Then I'd repair disk permissions, to be on the safe side.

4. mathcolo macrumors 6502a

Not to say that there isn't a solution, but I wanted to say that I've often found Firefox to be generally unstable and not as solid as Safari on Mac OS X. That's not always the case, but oftentimes Firefox will be slower than Safari when plugins are being used (anything from Flash to QuickTime).

However, if anyone knows of anything to do to make Firefox perform better, I'd love to know! :D

5. applebook macrumors 6502a

applebook

Firefox is undeniably slower than Safari and has been one of the slowest browsers out there for years. However, in my experience, it's far stabler than Safari.

I also love the ability to save not only tabs but history WITHIN each tab. Try that, Safari.