Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nick96ss

macrumors member
Original poster
May 26, 2006
i d/l firefox then when the screen came up with the logo and the folder i moved the logo to my dash fine right now when i start my comp the next day that same screen comes up and firefox starts then i have to minimize and shut down the other screen ......how do i get rid of tht screen from starting up
also how do i uninstall programs NEW MAC USER

VoodooDaddy

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2003
I'm probably not the best to be offering advise since I'm a new mac user myself, but I think you are having the same confusion I did, and wth Firefox no less. Basically I didn't know how to install it the right way.

When that splash screen pops up, that's the prompt to install the program. Open your HD and drag the firefox icon to the applications folder. Then, open the apps folder and drag the firefox icon to the toolbar. Then, you can eject the virtual cd on the desktop and delete the dmg you downloaded. Then its installed.

The other part, unistalling, from what I've read is just drag the icon from the applications folder to the trash, that uninstalls.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.