Firefox and Chrome scroll bars?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by xTRIGGER092x, Aug 17, 2011.

1. xTRIGGER092x macrumors regular

I've noticed in Firefox and Chrome that the scroll bars act/look differently than in Safari and the Apple programs. They're a more lighter grey, they're boxed in by the old, thin, white scroll box, and they never disappear. Is there anything I can do to make them normal, or is this because Firefox and Chrome don't fully support Lion yet?

2. ajcrow93 macrumors member

I don't know about forcing a browser to have them, but chrome's current developer version has proper lion support (native scrollbars and full screen support) so it'll be in the general version soon.

I'm not so sure what mozilla are doing though, their nightly version of firefox 9 still has no lion features added in.

3. laurenr macrumors 6502a

I have the same issue in Chrome - the scrollbar is just a vertical line, with no indicator visible, even though my System Prefs are set to always show scrollbar. This has been reported in other forums. Quote:

"Chrome Version : 15.0.854.0 (Official Build 96901) dev

What steps will reproduce the problem?
    1. Updated to latest Chrome version on Mac OS X Lion 10.7.1

What is the expected result?
    Page scrollbars to work as expected

What happens instead?
    Page scrollbar is just a grey area with the width of scrollbar, but no scrollbar graphic is rendered inside. Scrolling the page is still functioning properly, just no graphics."

See discussion here:
    http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=93338

Note: i am running developer version, but no updates aee available as yet.

4. laurenr macrumors 6502a

Update: i just downloaded the v.14 Beta. Scrollbar is now visible.:) wierd, because my dev version was also v. 14.

5. professorjay macrumors member

Thanks for mentioning that! I had the same problem and have been dealing with it while constantly checking for updates to the dev build. I also hope they fix the problem that occurs when making more than one chrome window while in full screen mode.

6. laurenr macrumors 6502a

I am still having other problems with Chrome - many graphic intensive pages give me the "Kill" message, where Firefox or Safari render them just fine. I am really surprised they are so slow to update Chrome; they are usually so on the ball with this.

7. tfalves macrumors newbie

Try using Chrome Canary, some of the problems you guys addressed have already been taken care of ;)

8. laurenr macrumors 6502a

I thought of the Canary build, but is it not more unstable than their Beta or Dev versions?

9. tfalves macrumors newbie

Well, yes, but I only suggested it so you could see that some stuff people are demanding are already on the way :D

10. laurenr macrumors 6502a

Thanks for that. I just discovered another bug. Chrome is set as my default browser. Under SL, when clicking on a link in an email, the page would open as it should, in Chrome. With Lion, clicking on a link does not produce this result at all. The only way I can maintain this function is by setting Safari or Firefox as the default browser.:(